Monday, January 10, 2011

...and the ocean waves do roll...

Maritime music. Is amazing. Need I say more? Oh, alright alright. I will say more. (to your dismay. Bwaha.)

So, there is this astounding group. Of astounding performers. Who are astounding people. Hearing them for the first time at Port Washington Pirate Festival in 2009... I fell in love and there was no turning back. (Seriously, this wild bunch will wrap you in net and literally drag you aboard. Erm...maybe that was just me. Drat!)

Bounding Main. http://boundingmain.com/

They are an amazing, hilarious, witty, and refreshing group of sea shanty singers that (whether you love the sea or not) you could just hug and collect the whole set! With traditional tunes and even original songs all their own, their creativity and calamity only continues to grow and flourish! Their taste in music is excellent and good for both children and adults alike. And fishy folk like me.

Even singing about me! *gasp!* Okay, well...not me per se, but my cousin! She was a sweetheart. Except...well...she...sank...ships .... and such... *Scratches head nervously*

"The Mermaid"

 HEY!

We mer-girls need to make a living too! And your fine ships sure work well as our furniture in the fathoms below. So...sorry 'bout that Bounding Main! :( (Not really. Your ship in specific serves as my parlor. Just sayin'.) : P

So, if you are lookin' for a good hearty tune to tap your foot (or fin) to, (Seriously, I totally just made that terrible pun. and I am NOT takin' it back!) Bounding Main would be the catch of the day! (Yep, Just made that terrible joke too. Hey now! No one said Mermaids were good with jokes.)


Give them a gander! If you like what you hear, make sure to support them, tell them, hug them, and buy their CDs which you can also hug! (Best part!) : )



<3

With x's and o's
Noel
Mermaid Aiyana

No comments:

Post a Comment