Thursday, January 6, 2011

tail, tail,.....goose!

So today I thought I would blog about some ideas I had, have, want, and desire! Why not? : )

So, I am in planning stages for 3 brand new tails (all of spandex fabric base and monofin)

Asayo - Asayo is a new tail/name/mermaid entirely from Aiyana. Asayo (Japanese for Morning World) is a japanese koi river mermaid! I am looking at a soft white spandex base and hand painted koi "markings" in orange, burnt orange and black. Also a white flowing dorsal fin and flowing pectoral fins as well! Koi are so graceful and entertaining to watch! With the kanji for "Morning" tattooed into the tail some place or possibly drawn on the shoulderblade, I think Asayo would be an amazing look for river and underwater photoshoots!




Ratana - An incredible experiment! Ratana (Thai for Crystal) is a prototype tail resembling a Siamese Fighting Fish (Betta Fish). These little bruisers are so beautiful and are even bred and shown! With a vast variety of colours, fin length and texture and size, these fish are absolutely stunning. I would love to once again start with a spanex fabric base, and using airbrush paint, slowly ease the white into red, into burgundy, into maroon, then into a sudden violet at the tips of the fluke! Using fringe that flows in the water angelically, I am SO anxious to start work on this tail! It would clearly be for underwater use only. It is much too ethereal in the water to just be used so flatly on land! Long beautiful strands dancing in the water as if in fantasy...



Mahina - This is the most challenging tail I've ever imagined. Mahina (Polynesian for Moon) is based on the Lionfish! These aggressive-looking fish have venomous spines all over their well protected body! They have few to no predators in the waters of Polynesia, Australia, and Malaysia. A tail of spandex base and many well-placed and constructed barbs down the sides of the tail, at the end of the flukes, and dorsal fin! This will be a real challenge indeed! What will I make those barbs out of? Hmm...


Well, I hope you all are as excited as I am! I still have yet to finish re-painting the tail I already have! Yikes! : )
Always mermaid-y work to be done! Stay tuned! <3 thanks for swimming by!



With x's and o's
Noel
Mermaid Aiyana

No comments:

Post a Comment